What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Gratos Recuerdos: Shadow Puppet Show at Bryan High School

 I visited Bryan High School for a shadow puppet show in the library, Gratos Recuerdos presented by Great Plains Theatre Commons.  The program says this is the world premier of Gratos Recuerdos which means fond memories.  It started with a Mexican dance with balancing a candle on the head.  Then it went on to show relationships and a young woman who misses her dog and grandmother and visits them on Day of the Dead.  The show had no dialogue.  It did have "Hasta Luego" written in the last scene.  There was guitar throughout written to follow the story.  So the story was told through guitar and the puppets. 







some were actual persons behind the scrim



I really liked this puppet


the performers

the guitarist, Pablo Arza who wrote and performed the music.



No comments:

Post a Comment