What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Welcome to Kingman One: Furniture Stores

 In moving to Kingman, Sheri and I decided to start over on much of our furniture.  As such we moved needing to get new furniture.  We purchased a sleep number bed in Cupertino before we moved, and it is to be delivered when the house is completed.  

In Kingman the best furniture store we have found is Arizona Furniture.  They seem to have reasonable prices, and then are always willing to lower the price even more.  I really liked their couch with remote control recliners.  However Sheri went with an overstuffed sectional with an ottoman.  We found a very nice dining table which will suit us.  It comes with six chars and has drawers in the table.  We also purchased a matching entertainment center to have a place to put the t.v.  In Manteca Jeremy had made as built in console.  Arizona Furniture is located north of town on highway 66.  They are to deliver when we can move into our house.

Home Style Furniture is at the corner of Beverly and Stockton Hill Road.  They have some very interesting pieces at a reasonable price.  Sheri purchased a headboard and frame to go around the sleep number bed.  They also have a behind-the-couch table we have been looking at but really need to get into the new house to make sure that is what we want to do.  

Big Lots is in the same shopping center as Home Style Furniture.  They have some very good priced recliners.  The one I sat in wasn't very comfortable.  I would be wary buying furniture so cheap thinking it wouldn't last. 

I have been to Kingman Furniture a couple of times.  It is located across Stockton Hill Rode from the post office.  They have some pieces on consignment in addition to new.  I found a table I liked but Sheri did not and she is right.  It is used and would need to be repainted.  The last time we went we wanted to ask about a different table but could not find a sales man.

I also went to Help U Sell Consignment on north Stock Hill Road but didn't find anything I was really interested in.  However this is a store with many collectable items including Native American art.

Import Corner LLC is a very interesting store.  It is mostly outside decorations, but many of their items could be displayed indoors.  They have an incredible colored ball homemade chandelier.  Also many wall decorations.  It is close to the airport.  

Ashley's Outlet is off of Route 66/ Andy Devine north of highway 40.  We have been less impressed.  Where it is an outlet things seem to be less organized.  We have found a couple tables which could be used for gaming tables in the living room.  

The Bargain Spot offers a wide selection of paintings at reasonable prices.  They are used and some are nicer than others.  Many Native American paintings.  They also have a wide selection of furniture at good prices but again not new.  They have tables, couches etc.  Not many behind the couch tables.  This is on the south of highway 66 going towards the old downtown.


No comments:

Post a Comment