What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Welcome to Kingman: White Cliffs Hike

 Manteca, being a western country type of town has many hikes in town as well as just outside of town.  This is a place to document those hikes.  

White Cliffs.  I visited White Cliffs when I was bringing stuff to Kingman.  It was a bit hard to find, until I relied on Google.  I was looking at the White Cliffs rode which goes under the freeway.  I was approaching from the north side of the freeway, and couldn't find the rode.  However it is ok I didn't as the road is pretty rough going that way.  Google took me through old Kingman, up above the Lee Williams High School.  

The hike goes around a pretty interesting mountain with cliffs and large boulders and interesting rock formations.  There is an upper and a lower trail.  The upper trail follows the old wagon trail, which was coming down.  The were transporting ore from a mine in the Cerbat Mountains to the rail station.  There are ruts in the rock, and holes carved out to somehow help slow the wagons as they come down.  

Reportedly the trail is recently marked, but didn't keep me from getting confused.  I thought I could cross from the upper trail to the lower and come back.  Instead I came down a draw with some pretty rough going through buses and over rocks.  

For more hikes










No comments:

Post a Comment