What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Nativity: Luke II (1986)


This is a simple view of the birth of the Savior from Luke, but also includes some of Matthew.   I especially like the street noises, animal noises etc.  There was life going on while Mary delivered Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. Cher McLaneGroup Admin YES, Billy this is such an important Topic; The Savior's condescension! Thank you for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Driessen Agreed. While it is important to know that Luke teaches a God came to earth, we must not forget that as the story goes, Christ fully condescended and passed through the same veil to be born into the very same condition that each of us is born. Thus, it was important that his birth was under the lowliest of circumstances. That way when he beckons us to be like him, we know that even the Christ child had to learn precept upon precept about his mortal condition and to one day come to the knowledge of who he was.

    I am sure at first, he did not believe it when Mary and Joseph told him of his divine potential. But, ultimately the greatest among us, was also the lowliest. He came to know that mankind can put aside the oneness of a personality driven only by instinct and lusts, and to grow to become truly self-aware of mind and spirit – to rise again to be with the Father as only one heavenly being can truly learn to commune as one god with another. Those of us who choose not to follow (or to give into this instinctual programming) simply fall by the wayside and become left as dust – without a heavenly personality to guide us, and to simply reboot, falling short of that glory – that glory which has been granted to each of us by that atonement.

    ReplyDelete