What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Carols We Love: Away in a Manger


The Carols We Love by Daniel Partner, Barbour, Uhrichsville, OH, 2002.
This is one of my favorite carols.  There are so many versions.  Here I sing combining several different versions.  This carol is credited to Martin Luther, but this book explains more likely written by J.R. Murray as was published in his Dainty Songs for Little Lads and Lasses in 1887.  He entitled it Luther's Cradle Hymn. 
This song simply tells the Christmas story, but then adds a prayer at the end.  It is beautifully done.  

1 comment: