What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Light the World Day 11 2017: I was a Stranger

I was a stranger and ye took me in.  The kid's card I have suggested holding the door open for someone you don't know.  I did this today, but I hold doors open all the time, so that is nothing new.    One of the suggestion on the web page for day 11 is to get involved in helping refugees.  In fact, there is a link to a page that just talks about helping refugees.  There are many ideas here, but they all take some action.  There are a couple of programs that contract with county mental health that also provide services to refugees.  One has a program called Victims of Torture.  The other has refugee programs.  My goal is to contact them about volunteer opportunities, or referrals to programs here in Manteca.

No comments:

Post a Comment