What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Light the World Day 20 2017: Love People Not Things

"A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."

—Luke 12:15
The children's goal for day 20 is to list three blessing that aren't things.  I am blessed with family.  Wife, children and grandchildren.  I spent the day with them; and talked to those who are not close.  They are great blessings.  I also had the opportunity to use the priesthood today.  That is also a blessing.  
Suggestions from Mormon.org includes giving up distractions that get in the way of your service of Jesus Christ.  I have given up Pokemon for the day to be with family.  
Here are a couple scriptures which touch on this theme:
Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 
D&C 88:67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
D&C 4:5 And faithhopecharity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
An eye single to God's glory is vital.  Distractions get in the way of our view of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment