What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Light the World Day 8 2017: Love Your Enemies

—Matthew 5:44
Some of the ides suggested include resolving any past dangling wrongs you may have done, or apologize for times you weren't at your best;  Making an effort to be kind to those with whom you have a hard time getting along; And stand up for those being bullied.  The scripture itself suggest prying for those who "despitefully us you."
My biggest issue in this area is with fellow commuters, whether they be on bike or in car.  A couple times in the past couple days I have almost been run over by cars, while I was int he crosswalk.  It is hard to have react, but I am working on my thoughts which tend to go to name-calling.  I have already committed to myself $1 to my wife when I actually make statements, but even my thoughts betray me.

No comments:

Post a Comment