What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Light the World Day 15 2017: Show Mercy

Blessed are the Merciful.

Today the goal has been to be more merciful and kind.  About 20 years ago there were a couple of Christmases where Sheri and I were really struggling.  It is expensive to live in the Bay area, and we were just scraping by.  One year, a member of our ward, who worked for Walgreens, delivered a whole bunch of toys just before Christmas.  The other year was even more impressive, as $100 bills began showing up in our mail.  Those bills saved our Christmas.  It wasn't like one or two, but at least ten.  I have been blessed by the mercy of others, and hope to pass that forward.
I am afraid however I didn't pass kindness forward on the 15th.  A bus was late, making me miss the train, and I called the bus people to let them know of my displeasure.  Of course I knew I would miss the train if everything didn't work perfect, because I had to take books back to the library.  I made it home OK on the later train.  My attitude could have been better.  So showing mercy, being kind, is something I am still working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment