What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Hawk Visiting the Neighborhood Sunday

Sheri spied this hawk on the lamp post, and backed up for us all to see.  We even opened the window and listened to hims caws for a time.  Sheri suggested (in jest I think) that we let the rabbit out in the back yard.   I had heard there were hawks in Manteca, but this is my first time seeing one. 

3 comments:

  1. Diana McKinney Noeske This one was on the fence in my backyard last June. (pic is taken from inside my house so it's not very clear)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda Vargas Palacios They are around alot. One got a pigeon in my backyard and we had a national geographic show in front of us lol

    Gina M. Catalano We have two that live in a giant tree across the street. They recently had babies and we're starting to see them out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Clark Hickman I grew up in Tracy and took care of an injured hawk when I was a kid- I was sad it didn’t make it

    Suzy Jacobs The housing that is taking over Mantecas country side is also talking away their food supply.

    Mary Boudreau I wish everyone would remember where their nice track homes were built. Orchards and fields were once where your houses stand. These birds are hungry and the trees that they once built their nests in are taken away and more and more houses are being built. This truly is sad to see people complaining and saying kill them. Please remember that you are in what was once considered a farming town not the new Bay Area.

    Krissy Lance Sanchez Who’s saying kill them? I think we are all admirers of this beautiful bird

    Krissy Lance Sanchez Nm Mary I see the comment from one ignorant person above

    Debbie Clampitt Hannah Clampitt I know we see the one everyday on the fence by freeway

    ReplyDelete