What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Light the World 21 2017: Feed the Hungry

—Matthew 25:35
Our family is always involved in feeding the hungry through fast offerings.  This year we increased our donation for December.  I also participated in a musical concert where canned  goods were collected for the St. Pauls food bank.  
On Christmas Day I had the opportunity to administer spiritually to a sister in our ward who lost her husband a year ago.  This too was a special opportunity.
This reminds me of a story told about my father's family.  They went through some tough years.  At one point their cupboard was bare, and Grandmother Wardle didn't know what to fee her family.  At that time a knock came on their back door.  They discovered someone had left a 100 pound bag of flour.  God does provide.  
Just before Thanksgiving I participated with Tony in the Scouting for Food drive.  They collected considerable food for the local food banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment