What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

President Uchtdorf: Seeking Christ at Christmas Time

In this message Preident Uchtdorf hits home.  We seek Christ.  President Uchtdorf describes others who sought Christmas at his birth.  The shepherds, were not seeking Jesus, but when the heard of his coming their hears were touched, and the went to see.  The wise men represents those who are intellectual, and seek Jesus through their knowledge.  Though academic study pointed them towards the Lord, but their faith was no only academic, for when the signs appeared, the traveled to worship Jesus.  Those who met Jesus at the temple, Simeon and Anna had sought Jesus spiritually, and when he was presented at the temple, though a babe the recognized him and worshipped him.  Lastly, there are those in the new world, who believed the words of Samuel the Lamanite, and looked for the signs of his birth.  Despite persecution and threat of death, they held firm to their testimonies.  We seek Jesus and especially at this time of year.  We seek Him with our hearts and souls, so we may worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment