What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mormon Movie Review: Uncle Ben

This is a very good Mormon Movie.  Sure the acting isn't the best, but the message is one that reaches the heart.  The power of repentance is the message in this movie, and that power even applies to an old drunk.  Ben is a drunk, and borrows money from his sister, and is often arrested.  However when his sister passes away, he stands up as their only living relative, to ask that the court allow him to take the children.  The judge gives him a 30-day trial.  Later he was asked how he could keep sober.  He says as soon as he got home with the children, he bowed down to pray with the children to offer thanks.  "I promised God that if He held onto me, I would hold on to the kids, and the five of us have being on together ever since."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmsA8xoVLHA
this is the movie on You Tube.  It is in two parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment