What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Life in Manteca 70: Restaurant Review: Texas Road House

Texas Road House is actually in Tracy, 15 minutes from our house. 
dancing waitresses

I have not been writing as many restaurant reviews, as Sheri and I have had to adjust our budget a little.  However, we went out for our anniversary, and settled on Texas Road House as I had a coupon for my birthday which was set to expire. 
It was a very nice feast.  Sheri had the bone in rib eye steak with baked potato and corn.  For my part I had Caesar salad for starters, sirloin steak with mushrooms and shrimp, baked potato with the toppings of sour cream and bacon bits, and side of chili.  I drank water with a twist of lemon, while Sheri had strawberry lemonade.  The meal started with rolls with cinnamon butter, and peanuts.  I guess the custom is to throw them on the floor.  I wasn’t much into that and kept them on a plate, and Sheri on the table.  I did brush the inner shell off onto the floor, Sheri got one of those in her drink.  The Caesar salad they brought was delicious.  Every leave had been covered in dressing.  It was very tasty.  I cannot say for Sheri, but my steak was delicious.  I love steak and mushrooms with steak.  It takes me back to days with Sheri’s father cooking steak and mushrooms.  I also really enjoyed the shrimp.  They were on a skewer, and a bit hard to get off, but were served with lots of garlic butter.  The chili was a hot one, but delicious and made your hair stand on end.  The bonus coupon was for a side of ribs which were also very good.  Sheri and I shared, but I ate them mostly.  As for Sheri’s steak she said it was very good.  I ate her corn.  It was very sweet, and had liquid in it so wasn’t only mediocre.  It wasn’t on the cob. 
One thing about this meal, we filled ourselves up on so many peanuts, we had plenty to take home.  I ate my leftovers for lunch at work. 
As for the things that could have been better, there is a wait even with call-ahead seating.  It is very noisy, and then for some reason the waitresses decided to dance to a song, and they cranked up the music even louder.  Not a place for an intimate conversation.  As for the food, very good.  I guess when I got my baked potato I wasn’t in the mood for it and regretted not getting fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment