What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Life in Manteca 74: AMC Pricing

I don't know if this is just our AMC, or if it is the same with all theaters.  I can no longer say how much a movie costs, because it seems like the price for a movie ticket is always fluctuating.  We went to "Paranoia" yesterday at $8 a ticket.  This was not full price.  Earlier was $6 and later was 10.75.  Of course the 3D movies are more.  Even the children's ticket do this same kind of bouncing around routine.  I saw a 10 p.m. movie that was a bit older for only three dollars.  It is getting confusing.  I also think that the day of the week also effects the pricing structure.  My wife also has an AMC card, where every so often she gets a free movie ticket. I don't know how it works.
The thing that is consistent is the high price of concessions.  We spent $16 for the movie, and then $14 for the concessions, popcorn and a drink to share.  It adds up fast.  My thought, the varying ticket prices is to keep butts in the seats so they have a larger market of people having to pay their high prices for snacks.  It's a racket.
for the review of "Paranoia"
http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/2013/08/movie-review-paranoia.html

No comments:

Post a Comment