What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Restaurant Review: Race Street Sea Food Kitchen

While in San Jose attending a couple trainings last week, I needed to have a quick dinner while going from one training to the other.  I decided upon Race Street.  This use to be Race Street Fish and Poultry, but is now Race Street Sea Food Kitchen.  They are preparing items in the fryer as well as on the grill.  They also provide “Award winning-New England Style” Clam Chowder.  
I chose the catfish sandwich, with a bowl of clam chowder and fries, which are extra.  Adding it all up it was pushing $14 with tax, so it is a bit on the expensive side.  But you get your money’s worth. 
The catfish sandwich was breaded and fried.  It didn’t have the grease all over the place like I experienced at Long John Silver’s.  I thought the sandwich would be bun size, but it was like hoagie bun size, with the catfish filet hanging out over the ends.  I had to only eat hale, and save the other half for lunch the next day. 
The Clam Chowder was good, but I am not sure if it was the best I ever tasted.  It was the right thickness and I ate it all.  I also enjoyed the fries, saving a few to go with my sandwich the next day.
This traditionally was a fish, poultry store with restaurant on the side.  I am not sure if they still run the store.  The store side was closed while I was there.  I also had a hard time seeing the poultry side, but later noticed three or four chicken items, tenders and grilled chicken breast. 
This is a very good place to eat, if you want a higher quality Sea Food.  Food is serviced with fast food utensils and bowls, but there is enough room to sit down.  They have a big jug of water for those avoiding sugar, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment