What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 7, 2013

What Do LDS Women Get? Sherry Dew



I worked Saturday, so the first I heard of conference was on my way home.   Priesthood meeting had just started, but it is on LDS.org this year, so I was going to watch it when I arrived home.  However on the radio news, there was a story about how 200 women had been turned away from the meeting.  I guess they knew they would be, and were there for a publicity stunt; because if they were accepting the prophet as a prophet, they would not have been there in the first place.
Any was, I found an answer to these women in this talk by Sherry Dew.
  Mostly what takes place in Priesthood meeting is talking to the men about being better husbands and fathers.  Of course the answer was in all the talks, the church men in general are so loving of women.  Of course we have our problems, but for the most part women are blessed from their participation in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment