What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 28, 2013

My Thoughts About the Doctrine and Covenants

http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/mormon-historical-movie-heavens-are-open.html
I have enjoyed some of the modern day scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants immensely.  In this book of modern day revelations are some of the most beautiful scripture, and proof that God has not left us a lone in our day.  The testimony of Jesus is so clear:  D&C 19:
 16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
 17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
 18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
 19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.
D&C 76:  22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
 23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
 24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.
The example of Joseph Smith and his dealing with persecution, are as great a teacher as the book of Job.  
D&C 121:  My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.
 10 Thou art not yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job.
This work has revelation dealing with the priesthood, the restoration of the priesthood and the use of the priesthood, and the blessings of the priesthood.  It includes the word of wisdom.  
My most favorite scripture is after we are advised not to exercise unrighteousness dominion. I don't think there is anything more beautiful than these words.  The blessing promised is tremendous.
D&C 121: 45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
 46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
You can download this scripture free here

No comments:

Post a Comment