What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Life in Manteca 79: Brother Poole Funeral, Almonds and Camberly

It is never fun to bury a fellow member of your high priests group.  Such was our task yesterday.  Brother Clinton Poole had served in the Air Force.  He had been bishop of the Manteca First Ward.  His wife, Louise, sang in the choir.  Brother Poole was descended from Martin Handcart Pioneers and rescuers, Jane Bitton and John Rawlston Poole.  Jane Bitton was assigned to brother Poole's rescue wagon.  He then took the family home to nurse them to health, and married Jane Bitton as his second wife.  When Jane's sister immigrated he took her as his third wife.
There is a big pile of something by the freeway and Moffat.  Miranda said the piles started when they started shaking the almonds.  (They harvest the trees by shaking them and the almonds fall out.)  I had to investigate, and sure enough they are piles of almonds, still in the shell. 

Miranda and I ended the day by going to Turlock for family home evening to hold the baby.  It had been almost a week since I had held her.




No comments:

Post a Comment