What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

What the Book of Mormon Means to Me



http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/mormon-historical-movie-parley-p-pratt.html
 http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/mormon-history-movie-how-rare.html
I have watched a couple a movies with regards to people finding the Book of Mormon, and have been thinking of my own relationship with this book.  I grew up in the church, and so it was a scripture basically taken for granted.  However I think that over time, this book has done more to bring me close to Christ than any other book.  From the first chapter there are visions of Christ, which it it very clear who is the God of this world.  There are such clear passages about Christ, and the atonement.  Nephi talks of the condescension of God.  He was slain for the sins of the world.  1 Nephi 11: 32 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.
 33 And I, Nephi, saw that he was lifted up upon the cross and slain for the sins of the world.
Christ has suffered for our iniquities and our happiness.  Alma 7:
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God 
suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
Alma 11:  40  And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else.
As I read the Book of Mormon, the testimonies of Christ penetrate my heart.  I know this book is true.  I know Jesus has resurrected.  I know Jesus has atoned for my imperfections.
I invite you to read this book.  It is God's word for us.  If you have read it previously, make it a part of your daily study.  If you have never read it I invite you to get a copy and read it.  It will be delivered by Mormon missionaries, young people like my son who is serving in Iowa.  They can answer any questions you may have, and tell you about its origin.
http://mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon

2 comments:

  1. Aaron Porter Confirmation that prophets and revelation are still available to us.

    A witness that the savior wasn't a localized phenomenon and a second witness that his promises are for all that will come until him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven Retz I love the BoM, it will bring us closer to God than any other book, that is if we do what it teaches. The more I do what it teaches, even though traditions everywhere say not to, I get closer to God.

    ReplyDelete