What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, October 18, 2013

What having a Living Prophet Means to Me

http://billywardlefamily.blogspot.com/2013/10/sunday-school-mormon-movie-review.html
A movie I watched recently about the Watchtower, and a prophet being a seer, someone who can see just beyond the edge of what we can see, and this makes me grateful that we live in a time of prophets and apostles.  We have access to the spoken word, and by paying head to the messages of the living prophets, we are guided in the things we should be doing to be safe spiritually and physically.  President Monson often talks about hardship, and how to maintain our attitude even during hardships.  I am grateful for a prophet.
From We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet:
We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
To guide us in these latter days.
We thank thee for sending the gospel
To lighten our minds with its rays.

2. When dark clouds of trouble hang o’er us
And threaten our peace to destroy,
There is hope smiling brightly before us,
And we know that deliv’rance is nigh.

Follow the Prophet:
  1.  Now we have a world where people are confused.
    If you don't believe it, go and watch the news.
    We can get direction all along our way,
    If we heed the prophets-follow what they say.
  2. Chorus
    Follow the prophet, follow the prophet,
    Follow the prophet; don't go astray.
    Follow the prophet, follow the prophet,
    Follow the prophet; he knows the way.
  3. Words and music: Duane E. Hiatt, b. 1937. (c) 1989



No comments:

Post a Comment