What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Member Missionary Work 1: Caleb's Mission

Caleb has written several letters in which he has talked about member missionary work, and the importance of opening our homes to be a place where people can be introduced to the gospel, and invited to hear the missionaries.  He says this is very important.  They have visited a few less active families, and had some success.  The are also taking a young man from a part member family.
My greatest worry with the increase in the number of missionaries, is that we as member will let them down; that we will not be willing to increase our efforts in terms of inviting people to hear the missionaries, and as a result, the missionaries will not have a positive experience.  I have seen the spirit of the young people going on missions, including the of Caleb.  The do carry the spirit.  It is beholden upon us to put people in their path so that spirit can touch the heart of our friends.  I pray for missionary, and am committed to invite people to hear the gospel.  I still lack in this area, but I am beginning to open my mouth.
What we did when I was on my mission
http://whilhelmsthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/09/member-missionary-work.html

No comments:

Post a Comment