What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mormon Movie Review: Dream Big: Story of Glen Cuningham

Dream Big:  This is a movie produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints in 1979.  It is narrated by Bart Starr, of the Green Bay Packers.  It tells the story of Glen Cunningham, who was burned by a Kerosene lantern when young.  In the same accident his older brother was killed. The doctor told him he would never walk again.  However, a boy’s determination can sometimes outweigh a doctor’s proclamation.  He slowly regained his ability to walk and then to run.  This movie tells the story of his career as a runner.  He ran and ran, and then used his running to go to college and the Olympics.  His specialty was the mile.  This is a motivational movie, and tells a very inspiring story.

No comments:

Post a Comment