What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ace Train 41: Bomb Threat, Fire Fighter School, and Telephone Pole School

The Ace Train is not doing very well at being on time lately.  The major culprit is having to wait for freight trains.  This is more often a problem in the morning, and one period of five days, we were late four.  However a couple days we have been really late.  One day, going to work, an hour late.  The said the engine broke down, and when they got it fixed, they were stuck in Stockton due to freight traffic.  A rumor I heard is the crew just slept in, got a late start, and had to wait for Stockton traffic.  I don't believe the rumor however.
A new one on everyone, was being late coming home due to a bomb scare.  I guess they found a bag of wires close to the train yard in San Jose.  911 was called, and to be on the safe side, bomb squads inspected each of the trains to make sure there were no bombs.  I was an hour late getting home, but was on the train before the one I usually take.  It was frustrating, because after the train arrived at the station, dispatch still made us wait 20 minutes to a half hour to let us go.  I guess they wanted the train to leave an even two hours late.  Here is the Ace explanation for the delay:
http://www.acerail.com/About/News/2013/Delay-on-September-13,-2013
By the Diridon Station, and viewable from the light rail, are a coupe specialized training areas.  I think these areas may be bulldozed if they ever get approval to make a A's Stadium in San Jose.
Fire Fighter Training area, with a tall building to climb int he background

Two angles of the telephone post climbing training area

We have seen people out there practicing, probably P G & E.

No comments:

Post a Comment