What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Testimonies of the Prophets of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I watched an old movie put out by the church in 1986 which includes taped recordings from the prophets up until that time, President Ezra Benson.  The earliest was Wilford Woodruff in 1897 on a voice machine.  It was interesting to hear the recorded messages, and see the progress in technology over time.  However more important was the message, Jesus is the and directs His church, Joseph Smith was God's prophet, The Book of Mormon is the word of God.  There is a similar movie on the church website, which includes testimony of all the prophets.  I was surprised to realize that I have been alive for half of the prophets, 8 of 16, starting at President McKay.
  http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-07-49-words-of-the-prophets?lang=eng
For the Presidents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints check out this website:
http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/presidents/leaders.jsp 
I am so glad that we have a prophet, and that we can bu sure in our worship, by following the prophet we will not go astray.  God has not left us without direction in our day.  I believe President Monson is God's prophet on the earth today, and each of these men was a prophet in their turn.
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment