What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Life in Manteca 76: Restautant Talk and Dust

After a big weekend last week, this week has been much more calm.  I spent considerable time doing overtime, and one night drove home with Kayla and Jeremy.  They had to wait for me an hour or so.  I discovered Kayla drives very slowly.
A couple restaurant announcements.  I previously reviewed Subway, and gave them poor marks because by pulled pork sandwich fell apart.  I tried the same sandwich again, on special now at Subway, and really enjoyed it.  I had it toasted on the Italian cheese bread, and it was so much better.
I have some bad restaurant news.  McDonalds no longer has dipped cones.  That is a bummer, but their sundaes are also very good.  I have really enjoyed the strawberry, and the caramel is also nice.  They are 30 cents cheaper than the dipped cone too.  Foster Freeze in Manteca has $1 dipped cones Tuesday nights.  I am going to insist we stop on the way home from the train tomorrow.  I love dipped cones.
Plenty of dust this time of year in Manteca.  It is harvesting time, and cutting down the corn, or shaking the almond trees so the almonds fall off, stirs up the dust.  It is allergy season, and I have and I sneeze a lot.
This year we not only have dust, we also have smoke.  We are between the Yosemite Valley Rim Fire and the Mount Diablo Fire.  Depending on the direction of the wind, we can smell the smoke.  I don't mind it however.  It makes me feel like I'm camping.
No news on the baby front.  Charity is over due by four days.  Skylar is keeping us entertained.  He is starting to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment