What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday School: The Rescue: We are All Rescuers, and All in Need of Rescue


Sunday school to day was on the rescue of the Martin Handcart Company.  Even though I have studied this event extensively, writing my Great-great grandfather's history, I still felt inadequate to the call.  There is too much to tell, and not enough time to tell it.  I also wanted to let people talk about their own experiences with being rescued and rescuing.   Please, if you would like to read more Mormon handcart stories, read the posts from Isaac's history.  http://billywardlegen.blogspot.com/
There are many posts here that talk about the handcarts, especially chapters five through ten of Isaac's history. Also reviews of the Martin Handcart records at the Church History Library and other books I have read.
The gospel is true.  I am so grateful for rescuers in my life-- home teacher who visited when my parent's marriage fell apart, people who supported us when Billy Boy died, people who have helped through other trials. 
And of course to Jesus who is the rescuer of all, and without whose atonement there would be no meaning to life.  I am grateful that he has paid the price of my needs, my indescretions, my imperfections.  That through his atonement I am whole, and can be at peace.

1 comment:

  1. Billy, I enjoy your blog and have given the address to some of my cousins who are interested in family history. Thanks for keeping this up. Maybe you should consider writing a book. Sandra

    ReplyDelete