What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life in Manteca 75b: Manteca Stake Broadway Review: "Bring Him Home"


I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this.  My voice was tired, and maybe I was deluding myself that I could singe this song.  However, it does have some redeeming parts.  It is not Colm Wilkinson or even Alfie Boe.  It is a baritone struggling to sing with the high tenors.  However it has emotion, and this song is a terrific prayer as Val Jean prays for his future son-in-law.  I tried to get emotion by singing for my son who is a month on his mission in Iowa.
I had fun singing, and am still impressed at some of the talent in our stake.  I thought this was going to be an amateur event, but I was so wrong.  Those who performed were all very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment