What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mormon Movie: The Restoration

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2008-06-01-the-restoration?lang=eng

I would encourage you to watch this movie.  It is very well done.  It depicts the Joseph Smith family in a very pleasing way.  This is another depiction of the first vision, however in this version, the build up to the vision takes a full year.  This movie does a good job of adding some depth to the experience.  It compares the restoration to a small seed, and then a seedling, and then grows into a large maple.
This movie again depicts the conditions around Palmyra which lead up to the first vision.  It shows a young man, Joseph, who is concerned for his own spiritual welfare.  He ponders and asks questions and studies.  He goes to his father with questions, and to his mother.  They both advise him to seek and it shall be given him.  Then when he reads in James chapter 1, "if any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him."  Because of his searching, and pondering, when he read this scripture, it entered Joseph's heart with great force, and he determined to put it into action.
As in "The First Vision" it shows Joseph's walk to the grove, playing "Oh How Lovely Was the Morning."
While "The First Vision" ended with the vision, this movie continues on to give some background to the restoration of the priesthood, and establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ in the latter days. 
I know, through the Holy Ghost that this is a true story.  Joseph Smith did in deed see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, who are two glorified and separate beings.  Joseph was called to be a prophet, and the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored.  Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment