What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Three Witnesses to the Book of Mormon.

I have been watching church history videos, and this week watched a couple about three witnesses to the Book of Mormon.  I have been very impressed by them, and even more impressed of the firmness of the witnesses, and of the position of the Book of Mormon if it wee to be tried in court.  These men, though at time disaffected with Joseph Smith, or disaffected with the body of the church, maintained there testimonies, and the veracity of what they witnessed until their last breathe.  All three left the church at one point, and two returned to the church.  This is fascinating, that they would always be witnesses to the Book of Mormon, even when it was uncomfortable, or would have been easier to deny their testimonies.
http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/mormon-historical-movie-three-witnesses.html
The story from David Whitmer's perspective
http://bwardlehistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/mormon-video-work-and-designs-of-god.html
The witness of Martin Harris, which includes explaining the lost manuscript.
I have not been shown the golden plates by an angel, and been allowed to touch the plates.  However I too can witness that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I have read it, and continue to study it.  The spirit I feel when I read the book tells me it is true.  It brings me peace. 
I invite all to study the book, and test it for yourself.  Moroni 10: 3-5:
Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how meriful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment