What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Valley MediCal Center TB Scare in the Maternity Ward When Hayley Dawn Was Born.

Valley MediCal Center was in the news this past week.  Not for a positive reason, but because of a possible tuberculosis outbreak.   A nurse at the hospital, in the maternity ward discovered she had tuberculosis as part of treatment for an unrelated condition.  She had passed the regular tb screen just a few months before.  Dr. Harris, our children's pediatrician, was interviewed for a news section and told about the recommended course of antibiotics that they are recommending for over 300 infants who may have been exposed.
Dr. Harris indicates if there is potential for exposure that she will be contacted.  This is important as my granddaughter Hayley, was born at the hospital during the time indicated.   However they have not contacted my daughter about any potential exposure, so we are assuming she did not have contact with the nurse.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment