What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

German Advent with the Banks and Hunters

The Hunter Advent candle looked something like this
Grandmother Hunter is of German descent.  As such, the Hunter family participates in German Advent every Christmas.  This actually involves four Sundays before Christmas.  We were at Banks home for the second Sunday,  two candles were lit.  Then, starting with the youngest and working up to the oldest, everyone was able to select a song to sing.  Some were fun songs and some were more religious.  The evening ended with "Silent Night" in German.  Sister Banks also provided snacks.  I had never tried cranberry salsa before but found it to be rather good.
We as a family have placed advent calendars throughout our house, without knowing that they are modern version of the traditional Advent.
Sorry no pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment