What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 28, 2015

LDS Short Story: A Christmas on the Other Side of Heaven: John H. Groberg (2004)

This short story is very well said.  John Groberg tells about Christmas when he was a missionary in Tonga.  It was the hot time of the year.  Gift giving was not possible as the residents were poor and did not have much to give.  Instead they would give acts of service.  He recounts how he and his companion were providing an act of service for a grandmother, who had grown tired and weary caring for a sick granddaughter.  The missionaries decided to give her some needed relief.   However as they cared for the child through the night, his companion in term gave Groberg a gift by letting him sleep through his turn of watching the child.
This story is a fine example of the true spirit of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment