What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

I Talked to my Oldest Sister: Sara!

Many of you may know my sister has had a rough time of it the last few months.  We saw her in August in Utah as we were bringing Caleb home.  She had esophageal cancer.  She was scheduled for surgery a few days after that.  Mom was so upset that Sara lost her beautiful hair.
Sara on left
Sara, Mom, me, Connie
Me, Weldon, Sara, Charlie

After her surgery, Sara took a turn for the worse.  They had to put in a stunt, and then she developed a fissure.  At some point she had a tracheotomy put in.  During conference family was told they should prepare for the worse.  They thought she would pass away in a day, but then she didn't.  She went to Seattle for a special procedure; but they found it wasn't needed.  They replaced the stunt.  She still has the fissure, but not in as serious a place as they thought.  Last week she finally had the tracheotomy removed.  She still has a hole in her throat which she has to cover to talk, but I was able to call her and talk to her.  We didn't talk long.  She is still tired.  But it was good to hear her voice.  She said the hole should fill in in a couple of weeks.
This is the sister how often babysit us younger kids.  She is the person who told me to stop jumping down the stairs when I jumped and hit my head on the ceiling, requiring 18 stitches.  Some would say I am still dingy from that experience.  I know I still have a ripple in my head, and a scar under my hair.  This is the sister who married first, and made me an uncle when Buffie was born.  They always lived close and I enjoyed visiting their home.  Often I was called upon to babysit.  It was in their cupboard that I learned formula is not chocolate milk.
SO here is a formal, get well from California for my sister, Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment