What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Progression of My Burn: From Africa to Australia

Shortly after I burned my back, Miranda and Tony said it looked like Africa.  Now it is looking like Australia.  I went to the wound clinic at Valley Medical Center and they removed skin which wasn't healthy, and left the healthy stuff.  Now my back is a nice pinkish red color which is suppose to be healthy.  There are some lighter spots where the bad skin was too stubborn to pull off.  The process was not too painful, however it did leave my back very tender and more sensitive to itches and pain.  Here are some pictures over time.  It is getting better, and the pain is tolerable, and the itching so far hasn't driven me crazy.

After first burned, at Doctor's Hospital


At Doctor's Hospital



at Doctors Hospital

Wednesday






Tuesday
Friday
Saturday before treatment



Saturday after treatment
Sunday (today) after Sheri washed it.
Doesn't it look like Australia now.  I think so.  There is some good healthy healing going on, and most importantly; no infection.  We have gone from silvadene to neosporin as an antibiotic but now also have a special yellow bandage we put on too encourage good skin growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment