What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Church Movie Review: Joy to the World

"Joy to the World" is a film produced by the church which is very useful for giving to friends at Christmas time.  It features the Mormon tabernacle Choir and includes several narrators telling the story of Christ's birth in both Jerusalem as well as the New World.  It also shows scenes from the birth of Jesus.  The stable has many animals.  And Mary and Joseph look very lovingly at Baby Jesus.  The shepherds look so astonished.  They travel to Bethlehem to see the baby.
We also see Samuel on the wall from the Book of Mormon.  The story of the sign of a day and a night and a day without darkness.  The threat made to the people that they will be put to death by a certain day if the sign is not revealed.  Nephi's prayer and answer "Today come I into the World."
But this it not all this short film offers. We also see scenes from Jesus' life; his miracles and teaching the people.  Jesus' crucifixion is shown, as well as his resurrection.  And then a brief review of the prophets.  The darkness which entered the world through apostasy, and then finally the restoration, and new testimony of Jesus.
This movie is very well done.  I recommend it as a movie to share with your friends.  It gives a brief testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ.  It also invites people to learn more and tells them how they can do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment