What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Years 2016

New Years Eve I was scheduled to work, and then stay and do overtime at mental helath urgent care.   That was OK as it kept my mind busy.  Sara passed away and I heard about this at about 3 p.m.  The ladies at MHUC made a New Years Eve supper which was very nice.  Chicken and rice dish with Ghana recipe was very nice.   It was actually very slow which was nice.
I didn't get home until after 11.  By then, the New Years Party that Miranda was hosting for Mom, Jesse and Tony, had pretty much died out.  She had made bags with games or snacks about every half hour to open during the evening.  When I got home, Mom and Jesse had gone up to bed, and Tony was trying to stay awake.  He didn't make it to midnight.  However I was still up and heard the large fireworks going off at midnight.  Some went off three minutes before.  Someone was overly anxious. However the really big ones didn't start until midnight.  Someone in the neighborhood had gotten some really loud fireworks.
Because everyone went to bed before midnight, the balloon drop didn't happen until the next morning.

 We had planned to meet Jeremy at the beech for lunch, but didn't get away until almost noon.  We drove directly to the Santa Cruz and Natural Bridges.  Jeremy and family met us, along with Kayla's father and sister and some friends.  Annie also joined us.  We had a great time hiking on the tidal pools.  There was one crossing which was a bit precarious.  I could see myself slipping and falling off the cliff face.  Any way I made it.  Someone actually helped me.
I thought the sky was interesting over the Santa Cruz Mountains so insisted Miranda take a picture
picnic, roasted hot dogs, macaroni salad and chips

Tony and Jess

Skylar working hard 

working in the "hole"




green sea anemone











The difficult gap


finished castle and hole



Tony and castle, Tony said Kayla's father used magic sand on the castle 


Annie and Caleb on a log

more interesting sky




We didn't make it home without sustenance.  We stopped at hacienda Heights and went to On the Border for dinner.  I can't get past their empanadas as nobody else has them.  However they are not near as good as some I have tasted.  However the beans and rice and chips and dip filled me up adequately.  They had a big fireplace going.  We sat beside it.  It was really cold outside.  



No comments:

Post a Comment