What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ace Train 47: Be Careful

I have talked before about how dangerous the Bascom Station Light Rail could be; especially if trains were coming both directions.  I once saw a bicyclist almost get hit here at the Southwest side of the station.  I usually use the Fruitdale Station rather than Bascom, but went that way today and came upon this memorial.  The memorial is to a 14 year old girl who passed away in January as a result of injuries she sustained in a bicycle, train accident.
 http://news.kron4.com/news/bicyclist-hit-by-vta-lightrail-expect-delays/

This is at Stokes where it crosses the Light Rail tracks.  Northeast of Bascom Station.  This was next to Del Mar High School.  The accident was early in the morning, so she must have been on her way to school.  I am not sure if she was a student at Del Mar or still in Middle school.  None of the articles mentioned what happened, but it is obvious there are friends and family who are hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment