What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Manteca Stake Missionary Fireside

This is a fireside I am very glad I did not miss.  This past Sunday the Manteca Stake held a missionary fireside.  The fireside was presented in such a way, as to introduce the gospel to those who may have been invited; but also to motivate those who were in attendance to continue inviting.  It gave a history of missionary work since the time of Jesus.  President Norman talked on his missionary experiences, and the blessing of watching people change.  President Brown talked of the missionaries who taught him.  President Lewis, of the Sacramento Mission, talked of the sacrificed missionaries are making every day.  He indicated there are now 83,000 missionaries, and about 250 in the Sacramento Mission.  I am glad I was there.  The choir sang "Come Oh though Glorious Day of Promise" and "This is the Christ."  A new member bore testimony of how he felt when he received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  He said he had a buzzing feeling; as did his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment