What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

The LDS Church in Argentina

https://www.lds.org/church/news/like-grandfather-elder-ballard-offers-blessing-on-argentina?lang=eng
Today there are over 400,000 members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Argentina.  This has risen from small beginnings.  In South America there are over 4.5 million members of the church.  Recently Elder Ballard visited Argentina, where a plaque commemorating the dedication of South America to missionary work 90 years ago.  When I served my mission in Argentina the Church had been there just over 50 years, and there were just over 40,000 members in Argentina.  There were four missions, with the fifth being created during my mission.  I served in the Buenos Aires North Mission. 
For much of my mission I served in Don Torcuato and dreamed of there being a branch there.  No there is not only a ward, but their own meeting house.  Things change in a marvelous fashion. 
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-and-statistics/country/argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment