What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

LDS Bible Videos: Jesus Warns Peter, and Prays for the Apostles

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-10-014-jesus-warns-peter-and-offers-the-intercessory-prayer?category=bible-videos-the-life-of-jesus-christ&&lang=eng

Mathew 26:
33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
 34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
 35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Jesus was taken to be judged of Caiphas.  One of the poignant events of the evening involves Peter, when he was confronted by those who said he was with Jesus.  This is one of the most poignant events of this night.  

Here is the manifestation of the prophecy a few hours before.

Of this event President Hinckley said:
Peter, affirming his loyalty, his determination, his resolution, said that he would never deny. But the fear of men came upon him and the weakness of his flesh overtook him, and under the pressure of accusation, his resolution crumbled. Then, recognizing his wrong and weakness, “he went out, and wept.”
As I have read this account my heart goes out to Peter. So many of us are so much like him. We pledge our loyalty; we affirm our determination to be of good courage; we declare, sometimes even publicly, that come what may we will do the right thing, that we will stand for the right cause, that we will be true to ourselves and to others.
Then the pressures begin to build. Sometimes these are social pressures. Sometimes they are personal appetites. Sometimes they are false ambitions. There is a weakening of the will. There is a softening of discipline. There is capitulation. And then there is remorse, self-accusation, and bitter tears of regret.

May we resolve to follow Jesus, and then follow Him with all our might.

No comments:

Post a Comment