What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Jesus is Condemned Before Pilate

There are a couple important statements Pilate makes.  First he asks, "What is truth."  Isn't this a question of the ages.  Jesus says, "The truth will make you free."  Therefore it is so important to know the truth.  The truth of Jesus is that he came to Earth, born of Mary and God the Father.  He lived a mortal existence.  He took upon himself the weight of our sins.  He carried that weight, and was crucified.  He rose on the third day.  he broke the bands of both spiritual and physical death.

The other thing Pilate does is washing his hands, saying "I am innocent of the blood of this just person."  I wonder if we can so easily absolve ourselves of responsibility and guilt.  Pilate was still the only person who could authorize Jesus' crucifixion, and he said "See ye to it."
This short shows the chief priest, and Mary offering countering points of view.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-10-018-jesus-is-condemned-before-pilate?category=bible-videos-the-life-of-jesus-christ&&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment