What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Documentary Review: Native American Healing in the 21st Century

This movie presents Native American medicine as part of holistic health.  They also talk about other forms of alternative medicine.  Much of the medicine is bases on herbal medicines; but it is combined with prayer and spiritual preparation.  A combination of health treatments is most likely to be the most successful.  The Great Spirit and oneness with the earth and the spirit are important to treating people in a holistic way.  The presentation compares Native remedies with Eastern medicine.  The importance of keeping energies in balance. 
A basic philosophy behind their remedies is gratitude for the Creator.  This combined with and absence of bias and prejudice will lead to peace, which is perfect healing. 
This movie presents a lot of practical advise, which herb or plant treats which illness.  Common natural band-aids and cures harvested from plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment