What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Welcome to Kingman Eleven: Kingman Airport

 I have discovered that there are no commercial flights in our out of Kingman.  I understand you can charter flights or hire someone to fly you but this can be expensive.  However the airport is generally quite full.  This is because the airport is a designated place for storing airplanes.  Some of the planes are dismantled for parts or metals.  However many are just waiting.  I guess the climate here is conducive to not rusting.  There is a nice restaurant at the airport with a good view of the air field.  

The airport has a significant history with WWII as a gunnery training site.  The museum remembering this has been recently closed.





No comments:

Post a Comment