What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Welcome to Kingman: Review of Beale Theater's: A Trip Down Story Book Lane

 

This unique theatric performance did not set itself up on a stage; instead their were five stops where different actors presented, as well as a host and the Mad Hatter serving cookies and lemonade.  The first two presentations were presented in the lobby of the Beale Street theater which is undergoing renovation.  The first presented the story of Rapunzel.  This I think was the hardest with having to portray climbing Rapunzel's hair.  Then we moved to a dual performance of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  This is the set pictured.  It had Aurora and Cinderella as pen pals, each telling their story.  It was generally well done.  My only complaints are that the Stepmother and Step sisters were too loud; and that it ended rather abruptly.  

Then we moved to Shipwrecked.  This was presented in a vacant lot about a half hour from the theater. The story revolved around four sharks scheming about how to get each of themselves a shipwreck because they could not share one.  It also presented facts about sharks.

Then in another vacant lot we had Robin Hood.  In this case he was against a queen who enjoyed taxing people and Robing Hood was trying to rescue the money for the people and the friar.

At Locomotive Park we watched Peter Pan in three scenes.  Here we were presented a musical number about kids refusing to grow up.  We meet Captain Hook in the final scene.  Hook, Wendy and Peter Pan were the highlights of the entire show.

Well done overall.  My complaints were a lack of male actors, and older actors.  The play continues the next two Saturdays, starting at three with performances every half hour until six.  Due to covid each performance is limited as to the number of attendees.  The performance runs for about 45 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment