What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Welcome to Kingman Seven: Antique Stores

 One thing unique about Kingman is the quantity of antique stores.  It seems in the downtown area there is a store or two to eery block.  They have a wide variety of items and themes.


Of note is the thrift store with a focus on pets, Pawsitively Charming Thrift Store.  This store starts with many items useful for pets.  It also has many used books and movies, but also a very good selection of old pots and knick knacks.  I was impressed with a set of three black ceramic pots.  They also had a few Native American trinkets, kitchen utensils and seasonal items.  They had candy around the store with a note saying free.  I picked a Tootsie pop for later.  (4th Street)


Almost next door was an intriguing store, Vagabonds Trinkets and Treasures, which likewise offered a variety of items, including art work and home decor items as well as a section with minerals and rocks.  This store is also listed as a thrift store.  (4th Street)



Across the store is a more formal antique store Gracie's Vintage Antiques, also known as Up Your Alley Antiques.  They had a few Native American items, and plenty of Route 66items.  However I did not really notice anything that interested me.  Perhaps when I have an actual home to decorate.  (We are waiting for our home to be completed).  (4th Street by Old Red School)

No comments:

Post a Comment