What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, April 19, 2021

Welcome to Kingman: Mohave Museum of History and Art

 The Mohave Museum of History and Art if very thorough.  This includes Native American History, Beale Road history, Highway 66 history, mining history.  It has a very good section on Andy Devine and a small auditorium where they are showing a movie of him.  They have art work displayed in the auditorium.  This is mostly of western themes and characters.  They also have a very good display of the Kingman Army Air Field.  The museum is well worth the time and money.  In addition when you purchase the ticket you are also getting entry to the Route 66 Museum and the Bonelli House tour.  You can't do much better than that.  This mining history explains what minerals were mined at different sites.  There is also something unusual, portraits of all the presidents and first ladies.  

Unfortunately the outdoor exhibits were closed due to the Covid situation.  I have a reason to go back.

The museum has a very nice library attached.  I think I will be back many ties to take advantage of this.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment