What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Welcome to Kingman Five: Churches

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is located at the end of Rutherford Street where it dead ends at the I-40.  It can be seen from the freeway.  This church has well established trees.  There is a gym indoors and volleyball and fire pit outdoors.  

The other church pertaining to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Kingman is at the corner of Easter and Southern.  This church also has a full court gym.  Outside it has picnic area ad lighted softball diamond.  This is the stake center meaning when several congregations meet together this is where they meet.  Each church holds four different congregations based on geographic area.



St. Mary's Catholic Church is downtown on the same block as the court house at Spring and Third.  The original church was built in 1907 and is now used as a gift shop.  The new church was built in 1967.



No comments:

Post a Comment