What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Welcome to Kingman Ten: Kingman Army Air Field Gunnery School Museum

 During WWII Kingman was quite a busy place with the gunnery school.  I noted there is a museum at the airport memorializing this event.  However when I tried to visit the museum, I realized I was a couple years too late as the museum has been closed.  I discovered it closed in 2016.  Personal items were returned to the owners and all other items were auctioned off.  It had been in an old hangar that was in use during WWII.  The radio tower still remains at the air field however.  The Mohave Museum of History and Art has a section dedicated to the Kingman Army Air Gunnery School.



A few pictures from the display at Mohave Museum of History and Art. 




No comments:

Post a Comment