What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Music and the Spoken Word: Christmas Special - Live Stream December 18, ...



The program starts at about minute 59.  This is the last show before Christmas.  In this set they combine with the Bell Choir which performs "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."  The choir starts with a tradition "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful" and then the women sing "How far is it to Bethlehem.  The do an excellent job of presenting the wonder of children at Christmas with "Christmas Children" from Scrooge.  The highlight is the soft peaceful message of "Wexford Carol."  This starts with the men setting the peaceful tone, which is not lost throughout the song:
Good people all, this Christmas time,
Consider well and bear in mind
What our good God for us has done,
In sending His belovèd Son.
With Mary holy we should pray
To God with love this Christmas Day;
In Bethlehem upon the morn
There was a blest Messiah born.

They then conclude with Hallelujah form the Messiah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment